They say charity begins at home, so why not get your whole family involved in fundraising for a worthy cause? Kids and adults of all ages can play a role in these family fundraising ideas.
Family Fundraising Challenge
Sometimes motivation can be a challenge for fundraisers, especially younger kids (although unruly adults aren’t immune either).
Before you begin fundraising, why not set a family fundraising challenge? Put up a great reward for the family member who raises the most money for your charitable cause. The prize can be anything – a gift card, shopping spree, or a week off from chores – and should be something that will motivate everyone.
Hold a Family Fundraising Event
You can hold a great fundraising event in your own family. Choose your event and then take donations for the big day. There are lots of things you can do:
- Mini golf tourney – Ask your friends and relatives to sponsor a member of your family. They can pledge £1 for every stroke under par, or a flat donation for taking part.
- Bowling night – You can get lots of sponsors for a bowling night and have fun at the same time. At 10p per point, how well can you do?
In addition to collecting performance-based donations, you can also get permission from the venue to sell refreshments (to benefit your charity, of course). You can even get the local media to come to your event.
Family Sponsored Events
Speaking of donations from neighbours and friends, here’s one that will really get your family talking: sponsored events. Plan something that each family member can take part in and will have fun with, such as:
- Going without – chocolate, pizza, TV, video games, texting, talking on the phone
- Pie-eating contest – who can eat the most in ten minutes?
- Baked bean bath
- Sponsored… head shave, crazy hair dye, or dressing funny in public
Family Fundraising in Your Community
Get your family out in the neighbourhood, raising awareness for your cause and getting to know your neighbours.
You can do lots of things to fundraise with your family:
- Car wash
- Odd jobs
- Bake sale
- Games night
- Garage sale/car boot sale
There’s a fundraising job for everyone in your family when you get together for one of these community fundraising ideas, so be sure to give everyone an important job.