Shoot and score for your next fundraiser with these basketball-themed ideas for teams.
Some basketball fundraisers can be done using only local resources; others require a use of funds and a partnership with companies that provide items for sale.
Easy Basketball Fundraisers
Some ideas that can be done easily by the team without the need of professional companies:
- Hold a free throw contest between quarters. Sell tickets for a $1 to $2. The winner gets to come down to the court and try a free throw. If he or she makes the basket, offer a small prize.
- An exhibition game can be a lot of fun with proceeds from the ticket sales going to the team. One popular version is teachers versus parents, or a celebrity basketball game.
- “Shoot-a-thon” – Team members sign-up sponsors, who pay for each basket they make during a special event. Team members get a set number of throws (such as 25 or 50), and collect the money from their sponsors based on their score.
Concession stands, car washes and bake sales are other tried-and-true methods.
Basketball Fundraising Products
The following ideas are popular, but require an investment with a vendor for products:
- Calendars or cookbooks – These can be published through a point-of-sale service such as Café Press or Zazzle, or through companies that specialize in publishing them and providing them for the team to sell.
- Sales of clothing with the team logo – T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and caps are the most popular items.
- Novelty items, candy, pennants and other sports paraphernalia with the team logo can also be purchased to sell at a profit.